For this big kid gift guide, I didn’t include many toys or things like game systems. I figure those are pretty standard fare so I wanted to offer this list to give some alternative ideas. These are perfect for kids who are getting to the age where they play with toys less but aren’t yet old enough for the teen gifts.
1.Play Osmo Genius Starter Kit – We’re big fans of the Osmo play system here. You can also start with the Creative Kit and they have some individual games like Jeremiah’s favorite, Detective Agency and the Pizza Making Game which helps them practice math. Really, any of the games are perfect and you can add on whenever you wish.
2. KiwiCo Subscription – I get this for Jeremiah every Christmas. I do a 6 month subscription. It’s great for older kids and you can pick a box that fits what they like.
3. Fujifilm Instax Mini Camera – Getting this for Jeremiah this year. He’s been eyeing his sister’s for awhile now.
4. Laser Tag – We have laser tag and it’s a lot of fun to run around the house (or outside). Keeps the kids active and off screens.
5. Bean Bag – Jeremiah specifically asked for a beanbag and this was one of the best options. One of my must haves was a removable, washable cover and this fits the bill.
6. Hunter Boots
7. Literati Book Subscription – You can gift a single box or a subscription. Great for your little reader.
8. Karaoke Machine – I’m all about gifts that promote family time and creativity
9. Echo Kids
10. Kids FitBit
11. Cook book
12. Riddle Book
13. Create your own language book – I was excited to find this. Jeremiah has so-called created his own alien language and if your kid has ever done the same, this will be perfect.
14. Untamed Raptor I thought this was pretty neat. It goes around your finger and reacts to sound, motion and touch.
I hope you enjoyed this big kid gift guide and find something your big kid will love!